Monday, January 16, 2012

Die Karl Popper, die!

So far, it's been fascinating to get a look at the climate hoax from the inside.  The data fudging, the demonization of doubters, the knee-jerk rejection of alternate hypotheses, the quest for funding, the travel to exotic locations, the pal review, the left-wing politics, the fear of debate, the swagger in the early days, then the panic as the skeptics closed in--it's all there.
Yes:
You can get much of the raw data from a web site in the US (NCDC Asheville) if you know what you're doing. This isn't an issue for almost all climate scientists around the world. They are happy with the products we put together. We've started getting requests from people in the last few years asking for the raw station data. We've always not made the raw data available.
and
I also don't see why I should help people, I don't want to work with and who spend most of their time critisising me.

Years ago I did send much paleo data to McIntyre but have also had nothing but criticism on his blog ever since. As I said, this criticism on blog sites is not the way to do science. If they want to engage, they have to converse in civil tones, and if people don't want to work with them, they have to respect that and live with it.
Scientific method my arse.

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment