Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gleick's Integrity

Judith Curry about Gleick's integrity:
Gleick on integrity:
I even referenced his testimony in my uncertainty monster paper.

My first interaction with Gleick was he invited me to speak in an AGU session that he was organizing on the integrity of science, my presentation can be found here.

He has made it known to me via email that he has been displeased with my “behavior.” I seem to have gotten his goat to have been mentioned in the fake Heartland strategy doc (hard to believe that he didn’t write this).

The irony of it all, this coming from a scientist that has made a particular point about integrity and written many essays and even testified to congress on the subject.
And Steve Mosher makes an interesting observation:
Oh: at first they said how dare you accuse Gleick.
Now, he is a hero?

Huh. Well, no need to worry about libelling Gleick or any other person.

A tip: Please do not visit Joe Romm’s blog and use the name Peter Gleick to confess to forging a document. because, fooling people by assuming a false identity will get you hero status.

err..

No comments:

Post a Comment