Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Lost Song – "Wish I Was A Kennedy"

There is a song from ages ago that is still in my head. And I can't find find the song. It drives me mad (not literally, but still).

It was maybe the early 1990s. Maybe it was the 1980s. I have this line of "Wish I were a Kennedy" stuck in my head, being sung by a woman. Some slow melodic Eights pop-song. I think it was interspersed with bits of some speach JFK gave.

I have no particular interest in the Kennedys. I am not a fan, nor particularly aggrieved by the Kennedys. But this song just got stuck in my head, somehow.

A Google search for "wish i was a kennedy" OR "wish i were a kennedy" song OR lyrics turns up (as of now) six results, non of which are usable…

And then I find it: Shona Laing - (Glad I'm) Not A Kennedy


Its a bit faster then I remember, a bit less melodic. It was from 1986. And my memory of the central line was off…

3 comments:

  1. So glad you did the leg work for me! I too googled "Wish I were a Kennedy" and up came your blog. Song became stuck in my head this weekend when we were discussing Stephen King's 11/22/63. Of course no one else had any clue what song I was talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help! That was the reason I wrote this post, I had a hazy memory of the song, but somehow the lyrics in my memory had mutated too much and I could not easily find the song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought It was wish I was a Kennedy as well. Mandela effect?

    ReplyDelete