Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What Is Cheap Astronomy?

I think I owe (the few readers who stumble here by accident) an definition of what I consider "Cheap Astronomy":

For me, Cheap Astronomy is not about getting the cheapest astronomical gear, nor the worst! (So it is not "Bad Astronomy"). But instead it is for me trying to maximise the astronomy one can do "on the cheap", it is astronomy with an limited budget.

And as I am new to astronomy, I will try to write from the perspective of a newbie (who has some limited experience with optical gear).

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    Interesting subject.
    I have and use from time to time ten microscope eyepieces on my telescopes.
    One of them, a 16,7 mm /15x Huygenian is a very sharp ocular I use for splitting double stars.

    Mircea

    ReplyDelete